This Summer Squash, Potato, Onion and Eggs One Pot Recipe has been in my family for ages. My grandmother used to make this all the time, she called it “Gagoots (GA-GOOTS) and Eggs. I am not sure where that name came from but all of our old-school Italian Aunties called it the same thing. Sometimes she would make it with just squash (the green kind0 and eggs and sometimes she added potatoes and onions too. No matter what it tastes like summer on a plate. I like to serve mine with sliced tomatoes. Now I know this doesn’t look very fancy, but the taste will more then make up for it.
Summer Squash, Potato, Onion and Eggs One Pot Recipe
- 2 Green Squash zucchini peeled and sliced thin
- 1 yellow onion cut in half and sliced thin
- 5 red potatoes cut in half and sliced thin
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp Adobe seasoning
- 1 to mato sliced for serving
- In a skillet heat the oil and add the potatoes and onions. Cook until tender, constantly stirring.
- Add the squash and cook until tender.
- Add the eggs and cheese and cook until the whole mixture is combined. Add the seasoning.
- Serve with fresh sliced tomatoes