I have been on a coconut kick the past few weeks. I have been eating it with my yogurt in the morning and wanted to try a new recipe out that used the coconut flavors. I love the combination of chocolate, almonds and coconut together so I tried to come up with an individual dessert that looked and tasted great too! I think I may have created a winner! Here is my Almond Joy Inspired Trifle.
Almond Joy Trifle in Mason Jars - Perfect Individual Desserts
- 1/2 cup coconut toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds toasted
- 1 pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 1 pkg chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese softened
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 tub cool whip
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake mix according to directions and bake 24 cupcakes (you will have a few left over)
- Meanwhile in a mixer, beat the pudding mix with the mix until slightly thickened.
- Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in the cool whip and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, take them out of the wrapper.
- To assemble the trifle in mini mason jars:
- Break the cupcake in half and place in bottom of jar.
- Top with a dollop of the pudding mixture.
- Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Place the other half of cupcake on top of the coconut.
- Add another dollop of pudding mixture. Top with coconut and almonds.
- Chill until serving.