Are you ready to embark on a culinary adventure that combines simplicity with the irresistible flavors of a classic apple pie? Look no further than this Easy Apple Pie Crostata recipe.
In just a few simple steps, you’ll be creating a dessert masterpiece that will leave everyone craving for more. Let’s dive into the details and discover how to turn a handful of ingredients into a delectable treat.
Easy Apple Pie Crostata recipe
- 1 ready-to-bake 9-inch pie crust
- 4 gala apples
- 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly (melted)
Preheat and Prepare: Begin by preheating your oven to a toasty 400 degrees. This sets the stage for the magic that’s about to happen. While the oven is warming up, cut your gala apples in half and then into thin slices.
Line and Unroll: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Now, unroll the pie crust onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. The canvas is set, and it’s time to bring your creation to life.
Sweet Flour Sprinkle: Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar with flour, creating a sweet and powdery mixture. Sprinkle this delightful concoction over the pie crust, setting the foundation for a burst of flavor in every bite.
Artful Arrangement: It’s time to showcase your artistic side. Arrange the apple slices onto the pie crust, leaving a 2-3 inch border from the edge. As you create layers, let the apples slightly overlap, forming a visually appealing pattern that will be as delightful to the eyes as it is to the taste buds.
Encase with Crust: Gently bring the edges of the pie crust up to meet the apples, providing a cozy enclosure. This not only adds a charming rustic touch but also ensures that every bite is a perfect blend of crust and apple goodness.
Butter Brush and Sugar Sprinkle: Melt the butter and, with a silicone brush, generously coat the apples. Sprinkle the remaining sugar over the top, creating a sweet, golden crust that will have everyone eagerly anticipating the first bite.
Bake to Perfection: Place the baking sheet on the center rack of the oven and let the magic happen. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the apples are tender and the crust is slightly golden. The aroma filling your kitchen will be a testament to the deliciousness that awaits.
Jelly Glaze Finale: As your crostata emerges from the oven, take it to the next level by melting the apple jelly for about 30 seconds in the microwave. Brush this luscious glaze over the apples, adding a glossy finish that enhances both appearance and taste.
Serve and Savor: Whether you prefer it warm or let it cool to perfection, this Easy Apple Pie Crostata is ready to be enjoyed. Each slice is a symphony of textures and flavors that will make your taste buds dance with joy.
In just a few straightforward steps, you’ve created a culinary masterpiece that’s sure to become a favorite in your household. This Easy Apple Pie Crostata proves that delicious desserts don’t have to be complicated. So, gather your ingredients, preheat that oven, and get ready to savor the sweet success of homemade perfection. Enjoy!
- ● 1 pie crust, 9 inch ready to bake
- ● 4 gala apples
- ● 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- ● 1 tbsp flour
- ● 2 tbsp melted butter
- ● 2 tbsp apple jelly, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the apple in half, then cut into thin slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the pie crust onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar with the flour, and stir well. Sprinkle over the pie crust.
- Arrange the apple slices onto the pie crust, starting 2-3 inches from the edge, then slightly overlapping. Repeat a second layer in the middle
- Bring the edges of the pie crust up, to meet the apples, and cover the edges just slightly.
- Melt the butter, and use a silicone brush to brush it over the apples. Then sprinkle the remaining sugar over the apples.
- Place the baking sheet on the center rack in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the apples are tender, and slightly golden.
- Once the tart is removed from the oven, melt the jelly for about 30 seconds in the microwave, then brush over the apples.
- Serve warm, or allow to cool before serving. Enjoy!