Here is an easy cannoli cupcake recipe that tastes just like the Authentic cannoli filling. Obviously the cannoli filling is the best part of this Italian dessert! We used a box cupcake mix for this recipe!
Easy Cannoli Cupcakes
These cupcakes combine the best of two desserts cupcakes and cannolis. Our whole family loves cannoli filling and this recipe is delicious!
This recipe is best when made a few hours prior to allow the ingredients to marry.
Cannoli Stuffed Cupcakes
Vanilla Cupcakes, made according to box directions
1 cup ricotta cheese, whole milk
8 oz mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Bake the cupcakes according to package directions. Let cool completely.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment combine the ricotta, mascarpone, sugar and whipping cream on high speed until smooth. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the vanilla extract and whip another minute.
- Fold in the chocolate chips if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Place the mixture into a pastry bag.
- Cut a small hole in each cupcake. We use the circle side of a piping tip.
- Fill and pipe the cannoli cream.
I really love this dessert it is so easy to make and delicious to eat. You can also make the filling as a cannoli dip too.
We usually have ricotta and mascarpone cheese on hand so it is really handy and easy to mix up if last minute company stops by. The kids really like this cannoli dip too. We usually add 1/3 more powdered sugar if the kids are eating it because they like a little more sweet for their dip.
Bakery Style Italian Cookies
Italian Ricotta Cookies