Zucchini Apple Carrot Bread
Unique Zucchini Bread
Moist Zucchini Bread
What to do with an abundance of zucchini? Make zucchini bread of course! Our garden is overflowing with zucchini and our apple trees are producing many apples this year too! We are certainly blessed with a lot of produce so naturally we needed to make zucchini bread or zucchini cake if you prefer. This Zucchini Apple Carrot Bread is perfect plain or with the cream cheese icing for more of a dessert option!
With 3 cups of fruit and vegetables in these loaves, it is the perfect way to sneak in some nutrients for your kids too! This bread is moist and delicious and will certainly be on our rotation for years to come!
Can you freeze zucchini?
Yes, freeze shredded zucchini in 2 cup bags so that you cut down your prep work when making your bread.
Can you freeze Zucchini Apple Carrot Bread?
Absolutely! Freeze the bread after it has cooled completely without icing. I like to wrap mine in aluminum foil and then put in a freezer bag. Will keep for 6 months. Simply defrost on the counter.
Can I add nuts to the zucchini bread?
Of course! add in a 1/2 cup of your preferred nuts into the batter with the fruit and veggies. Pecans and walnuts would work nicely.
Ingredients for Zucchini Apple Carrot Bread
- vanilla extract
- baking powder
- baking soda
Ingredients for Cream Cheese Icing
- powdered sugar
How to Make Zucchini Apple Carrot Bread
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 TBSP vanilla extract
- 3-1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup diced apples
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray (2) 9-inch loaf pans with non-stick spray and set aside.
- Be sure to squeeze out the excess water in your zucchini!
- Melt the butter and add to a large bowl, whisk with the sugar until combined.
- Add the milk, eggs and vanilla and combine.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir well.
- Add the flour and combine.
- Fold in the zucchini, carrots and apples.
- Divide mixture into the two pans.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
Cream Cheese Frosting if desired:
Mix together 1/4 cup cream cheese (softened), 1/4 cup butter (softened), 2 cups powdered sugar and a few drops of milk until you get the desired consistency.