We love English Muffins in our home, there is nothing better than nooks and crannys oozing with butter and maybe a little jelly for a delicious breakfast. I vaguely remember my mom baking an English Muffin bread when I was younger so I decided to try and create a recipe that I could bake in my new Paula Deen pot!
English Muffin Bread Recipe -Perfect for Easter Morning and a Breakfast Staple
- 3 cups flour
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1/3 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oil
- cornmeal for dusting
- Oil and dust a dutch oven pot with cornmeal.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the milk and water and heat until just warm **this should not be too hot**
- Slowly add the liquid to the dry ingredients and knead until combined and pulling away from the bowl.
- Place in prepared pot and cover and let rise until double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 25 minutes.