Halloween is the best time to make cute desserts and treats for the kids! We love that you can create semi-homemade treats that are still cute but don’t take forever in the kitchen. These Halloween Dirts Cups are so easy to make and the kids love them – perfect for an after school snack or for a Halloween party – they are sure to be a hit!
Easy to Make Halloween Dessert
Easily swap out your favorite puddings if you do not like chocolate, using vanilla pudding is a great alternative!
Halloween Dirt Cups
- 4 oz Instant Chocolate Pudding
- 8 oz Brownie mix (store-bought)
- Ingredients to make brownies according to mix
- 4 oz Whipped topping (cool whip) thawed
- Oreo cookies, crushed (I used 12 per glass)
- Halloween toppers
- 8 x 8 pan
- Rolling pin (to mash the oreos)
- Plastic storage bag to put the oreo cookies in while smashing
- Large mixing bowl
- 3” cookie cutter to cut brownies to fit into the glasses I used
- Shovel Spoons – Amazon
Time to Complete
Prep time: 10 minutes
Baking time: 30 minutes (depending on time for brownies)
Total time: 40-50 minutes
Servings: 9 brownies if made in an 8 x 8 pan. You will have enough to make four brownie desserts as I did in the photos.
Step 1: Preheat the oven according to the directions on the box of brownie mix.
Step 2: Prepare the brownies according to the directions or use your own favorite brownie mix.
Step 3: Lightly spray a 8 x 8” pan with your favorite non-stick cooking spray.
Step 4: Pour the brownie batter into the pan and bake according to the instructions.
Step 5: While the brownies are baking, make the crushed Oreos.
Step 6: Place the Oreos (filling included) inside of a plastic zippered bag and roll over them with a rolling pin or mallet until they are finely crushed. You can also use a food processor.
Step 7: Make the instant pudding according to the directions on the box and let it set up according to the instructions on the box.
Step 8: Once the pudding has set, add in the cool whip, gently fold it in and place it into the fridge.
Step 9: Once the brownies are done, let them cool.
Step 10: Once the brownies have cooled, cut them with the cookie cutter that matches the inside of the glass you are using. Place the cut brownie into the bottom of the glass.
Step 11: Next, layer the pudding, then more Oreos, then more pudding, then more Oreos if you’d like. Then top with your favorite Halloween directions.
Additional Tips for Success
- You can use a homemade recipe for the brownies.
- Instead of putting the dessert into glasses, you can put it into fun holiday bowls, or you can leave the brownies in the pan, then top with the pudding, then top with the crushed Oreos then decorate!
- You can double the filling too – simply use a larger box of pudding and the whole container of cool whip.
Do They Have to Be Refrigerated?
If you are not serving the dessert right away, yes, place the glasses in the fridge until you are ready to serve them. You can make them ahead.
We have so many cute Halloween Treats on the blog – check these out!
Easy to make spider webs with chocolate and pretzels – so easy!
Mummy Milano Cookies – simply drizzle packaged Milano cookies with melted white chocolate and eyes!
Use your gingerbread cookie cutter to make these Mummy Sugar Cookies