Hot Chocolate Bombs
How to Make Hot chocolate Bombs at Home
Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs
Christmas Hot Cocoa Bombs
Joining in on the hot chocolate bomb craze with these Christmas Hot Chocolate Bombs. These would make amazing holiday gifts to share with family and friends or perfect for cookie decorating, sitting in front of the fire or watching holiday movies. My favorite to watch during the holiday season is Elf!
These are not difficult to make and everyone will surely get in on the fun to melt or explode your hot chocolate bomb. Simply heat milk on the stove top or microwave and watch the chocolate explode into a delightful and delicious hot cocoa treat.
Christmas Hot Cocoa Bombs
- 2 cups White Candy Melts
- 2 cups Hot Chocolate Mix
- 2 cups Mini Marshmallows
- ¼ cup Red Candy Melts
- ¼ cup Orange Candy melts
- 1/2 cup Crushed Old Fashioned Christmas Candies
You will also need bath bomb molds or cake pop molds and, if using bath bomb molds, I found it best to hold them steady in a cupcake tin.
- Place each of the candy melts in separate microwave safe bowls and melt in the microwave per the directions on the package.
- With a piping bag or fork, drizzle orange candy melts across each of the molds in one direction – about 4 lines. Repeat drizzling the red candy melts across the molds, but working in the opposite direction.
- Place the bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and place 1 tbsp of the white melted candy melt into one half of a bomb mold and, using the bottom of your tablespoon measuring spoon, press the chocolate up the sides of the mold, keeping it thick but even, taking care to gently work the chocolate against the chocolate already in the molds to work out air pockets.. Repeat with 12 bomb mold halves.
- Place the chocolate filled bomb molds into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove molds from the freezer and gently tap the sides of the mold, pressing on one side of the chocolate to make the chocolate slide out of the mold.
- Fill 6 of the molds with 1 tbsp hot chocolate mix, 1 tbsp crushed Old Fashioned Christmas Candies and 6-8 mini marshmallows.
- Heat a plate or a flat-bottom bowl in the microwave until the surface of the plate is warm to the touch.
- Press one of the empty chocolate bomb halves open-side-down onto the flat portion of the warm plate for about 10 seconds. This will gently melt the rim of the chocolate cup.
- Immediately press this warmed edge chocolate cup to the top of one of the filled cups. This will join the two halves of the hot cocoa bomb.
- Using a piping bag or a fork, drizzle a small amount of the remaining candy melts over the assembled hot cocoa bombs then immediately follow by sprinkling additional crushed Old Fashioned Christmas Candies over them.
- Place the hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes to get them to set, then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
Have a look at this video to see the hot chocolate bomb explode! And a link to our Cinnamon Spice Hot Chocolate Bombs!
This was such a fun recipe to make, don’t be surprised if you see a bunch of varieties appear on the blog. I am thinking a peppermint mocha hot chocolate bomb could be fun!